Monday, June 21, 2010

To all women how do you put on eye shadow never had a mother to show me how?

I never really had a mother to show me how to do this just had a father and he knew nothing about how to do makeup. Just wondering if someone can tell me how to do it because evertime that i do it i don't think that it looks rightTo all women how do you put on eye shadow never had a mother to show me how?
I once had a very stylish art teacher who told us girls that you should put on eye shadow little by little and build it up to the look you want. She also said that, if you can stand a few feet away from the mirror and tell what colour the shadow is then you're wearing too much! But if you are young - teens or early 20s perhaps - you can get away with a lot more than us old girls (45!) can. I'd say just have fun with it. And I'm sorry you don't have a Mum for all sorts of things, not just this. Good luck to you!To all women how do you put on eye shadow never had a mother to show me how?
Go to a department store and have them do a makeover explain to them that you don't want them to just DO it, but show you how, OR even better get an avon or mary kay lady out to show you how (I would recommend that over the department stores because ANYONE can get hired on as a make-up counter girl at Dillard's, Belks (whatever you have there where you are)). Ask a friend to show you, someone who looks like they DO a decent job on themselves, by the way I had the same problem, my mom was around but she was stuck in the 80s (and still is) with the style she used to do her make-up besides, she was there, but not really ever THERE for me, I also have the same problem with doing my hair, so if it isn't all up in a ponytail, or all down, I'm clueless... and you know what, who cares, I'm married and I got that way (and dated LOTS of guys before I got married) being who I am, not knowing how to do much make-up or how to do my hair and all... by the way, guys LIKE chicks who don't wear a lot of make-up so maybe this is to your benefit! Ever see one of those girls who wear a LOT of make-up ALL the time without it one day, scary huh? Well if you don't wear a lot in the first place (or like me go without it MOST the time) then guys aren't scared off by the you with no make-up on. They will fall for your natural beauty, makes you feel better about waking up in the morning and rolling over and finding someone next to you, you know they won't freak out (unless your bedhead is THAT bad).
practice....
Well play with it see what looks right and watch tlc what not to wear becuse on there you can see how to put on makeup and all and ask friends they might know and dont out on to much it might look trashy and i can tell you to put on some inward out start right at your eye lashes and go till your about 3 cms under ya eye brow if that looks like to much try lower then that
they key to it is blending....blend blend blend, so you don't have lines or streaks, and use color's that compliment your complexion. Depending on your eye color and skin tones...
Go to one of the bigger department stores at a mall that have makeup counters. A lot of them you can facials, etc. done. They should be able to show you how.
Go to a salon that you like.There should be a person there that does make-up only.Pay to get a make-up application,it's better to learn by a professional.
my mom doesn't even wear eye makeup so i didn't learn from her
i agree but if you need to know now then you start on the inside by your nose and go outward. don't apply all the way to your eyebrow but about a half way up.


good luck
Always keep in mind when applying any makeup that less is best.


To apply eye shadow apply the lightest shade just underneath the brow bone down to the crease. Apply a darker shade in the crease and then blend gently. Personally that is all the eyeshadow I use, but some like to apply an even darker shade down to the lash line.


To really make your eyes standout use an eyeliner in the color of crease shadow or the color of your eyes and apply a thin line underneath your lower lashes. Then apply two to three light coats of mascara. Darker is better and brunettes and redheads can get away with black or dark brown. Most blondes however, need to use no darker than a medium brown. As you become more comfortable with applying eye makeup, experiment and enjoy yourself.
It takes alot of practice. You have to find the natural shapes of your face and start there. And remember less is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans